Wednesday, July 10, 2013

On Inspiration...




“Inspiration is hard to come by. You have to take it where you find it.”
                                                                               ---Bob Dylan


So, where does inspiration come from?....I think it can come from anywhere---and anything around us.  For me, it often comes from what I see out my studio window...the prairie that stretches for miles, the wildflowers, and the deer that I often see as I come into my studio first thing in the morning.




Sometimes, inspiration is just about color, a pattern or texture, or the exquisite beauty of some natural material or found object.




This afternoon, there was a brief rain shower, an unusual event for us this summer as we struggle through another season of drought and wildfires in Colorado.  As I looked out my studio window, there were raindrops collected on the screen behind a nearly finished “Dream Boat” mobile I’d been working on earlier in the day.  The play of light and shadow between the paper boats and the brilliant, clearing, blue sky against the prairie made me smile...inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment